Treating Various Orthopedic Issues in Pets with Vetrostim
Lameness, back pain, and other orthopedic problems can severely affect our pets’ quality of life. At Companion Animal Hospital River North, our Vetrostim device allows us to perform Veterinary Orthopedic Manipulation (VOM) and myofascial release therapy to correct these issues and relieve your pet's pain. This way, they can experience increased mobility and enjoy a much-improved quality of life.
What is Veterinary Orthopedic Manipulation?
Veterinary Orthopedic Manipulation (VOM) is a form of adjustment that locates the areas of an animal’s nervous system that have fallen out of communication and re-establishes that communication to induce healing. We achieve this using a handheld device similar to those used by chiropractors. This device provides accurate and precise motion to specific areas of the animal’s spine.
What Can VOM Treat?
VOM can be used to aid in the treatment of:
- Acute and chronic lameness
- Progressive lameness
- Spinal pain
- Hip dysplasia-like syndromes
- Intervertebral disc disease
- Progressive myelopathies (“down in the rears” dogs)
- ...and more
What is Myofascial Release Therapy?
Veterinary myofascial release can augment VOM treatment, but it can also be performed alone. Using the Vetrostim device, the muscles and fascia in the skeletal muscle are stimulated to release. This allows the subluxations (misalignments) to relax and correct themselves.
This technique provides therapeutic benefits on many levels:
- Primary reduction of subluxations
- Returns muscles to normal function
- Enhances healing and recovery during VOM therapy
- Strengthens and rehabilitates atrophied muscles
- Re-establishes range of motion and posture
- Improves strength and performance
Contact the team at Companion Animal Hospital River North to learn more about the healing properties of Vetrostim therapy today!