We’re Cat Friendly Certified
Our feline friends receive far less veterinary care than they should. Cats are masters of concealment and will do everything they can to hide their illness and discomfort—but don’t be fooled! While cats are generally viewed as independent and low-maintenance, they still need regular health checkups and preventative care to stay healthy. To promote routine healthcare and create a more inviting space for cats in River North and surrounding neighborhoods, Companion Animal Hospital has become a Cat Friendly Certified Practice ®.
What Makes Our Hospital Cat Friendly?
The American Association of Feline Practitioners (AAFP) only awards the Cat Friendly Practice® title to practices that successfully meet specific criteria. Furthermore, they must go above and beyond to reduce stress in cats and improve their experiences at the vet.
When you bring your feline family member to us, you can expect:
- A caring team that truly understands your cat’s needs and behaviors, along with signs of illness
- A low-stress, feline-friendly environment
- Knowledgeable staff members that approach and handle cats in a gentle, empathic manner
- A facility that is equipped with the proper tools to provide feline-specific care and treatments
How Our Cat Friendly Practice® Benefits Your Cat
We respect the unique personalities and needs of our feline patients, and aim to accommodate them as much as possible. Here are some of the primary ways our Cat Friendly Certified Practice® program benefits your companion:
- Vet visits may be less stressful and more pleasant overall for you and your cat
- Our team is experienced and well-trained in handling and treating cats, so you know your loved one is in capable hands
- Having designated feline-only spaces at our hospital means fewer strange smells and threatening sounds for your kitty to experience